General, Interviews, Mixes, Music

Detroit Strong

Tom did a round-up pretty recently but here’s another glut of D related goodies from some other sites. First, you all have to check out this sick video mix from Terrence Parker, cutting and scratching house and disco with some style for a St Petersburg based radio station. I’m not always mad on DJs doing loads of tricks for the sake of it a la the DMCs, but here it’s adding to the music and cranking up the energy rather than messing up tracks you want to hear more of, at least that’s my own feeling.

Also the good folks over at LittleWhiteEarbuds are delivering the goods as usual with interviews with Kyle Hall and Mike Huckaby. Mike also provided them with an excellent mix of electronic classics to listen to while you’re reading!

Keep up the good work folks!

7 Comments

1. meschi says:

That Terrence Parker thing is amazing. I feel totally the same with wee tricks, but this shit excellent.

He should hopefully be playing in London soon!

2. pipecock says:

that Huckaby mix is ridiculous, been banging it in my car since it dropped!

3. Kenny says:

4. dima says:

You can also find out Mike Huckuby, Rick Wade, Scott Ferguson mixes on this radiostation web site – http://www.rts.fm

5. Yeah, the Huckaby mix is brilliant. Don’t really care for a lot of what Parker plays, even if his djing style is really effective.

6. Shane says:

The Huckaby mix is unreal.

7. cjs says:

TP blows my mind everytime I see him DJ.

He’s on his own level for sure.

More like this...

Darshan Jesrani – Mirror Test

Despite all his activity over the past few years, Darshan Jesrani is still best known for his Metro Area collaboration with Morgan Geist. This is far too bad, as he has been behind much great music, especially on the Startree label where he explores more song oriented disco under the aliases Funn City and Cylinder….

Read the full post →

Mix: Equanimity (The Ontological Pursuit Of The Shimmering Universal)

76 minute mix of timeless, deep, soulful music for balancing your humors. RIP H.I.M. DJ Mr. Monkey MD Tracklist: Susie Ibarra – Passing Clouds Flying Lotus – Auntie’s Lock (Feat. The Life Force Trio) Jean-Pierre Mas, Cesarius Alvim, Daniel-Humair – La Souris Chaude Quartette Trés Bien – Boss Trés Bien Timeline – Light My Fire…

Read the full post →